LAKE GEORGE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Although proper Mardi Gras was on Tuesday, the village has its own celebration queued up for this weekend. On Saturday, Lake George Mardi Gras will bring fitting food and drink and live music.
This year, 17 local businesses will be offering a unique soup or gumbo paired with a craft beer from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday. Many events will also feature live music.
The full list of participating venues is as follows:
- The Lagoon
- 10 McGillis
- Sans Souci of Cleverdale
- XII Sporks American Cuisine
- King Neptune’s Pub
- Duffy’s Tavern
- The Garrison
- Barnsider BBQ
- 163 Taproom
- Bella’s Delicatessen
- TR’s Restaurant & Lounge
- Gaslight of Lake George
- Lake George Beach Club
- The Long Horn Restaurant and Pub
- Mario’s Lake George
- Charlie’s Bar & Kitchen
- East Cove
The event is organized by Lake George Stews N’ Brews, a team of Lake George businesses coordinating to expand the year-round offerings for visitors to the village.
Buses from Hoppy Trails and Spa City Tours have been hired to shuttle between the village and outlier locations during the event, giving participants the chance to hit as many venues as possible without having to worry as much about transportation.
Keep an eye on the event’s Facebook page for more details.
- Bills WR Stefon Diggs anticipates seeing more zone defense
- Capital Region voters experience long waits at the polls
- Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Shen takes down Guilderland in sectional final rematch
- Greenville wins regular season title in dominating fashion