SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Schenectady Police are investigating a shooting death of a woman as a homicide after she died from her wounds Sunday night.
Police said they responded to the scene at 1116 Sixth Ave around 10:22 p.m. Sunday night. Upon arrival on scene officers located one female victim suffering from a gunshot wound.
The female was identified as Jennifer Ostrander, 31,from Schenectady. She was treated on scene by paramedics from the Schenectady Fire Department and ultimately died from her injuries.
If anyone has any information in regards to the incident, contact the Schenectady Police Department TIPS line at 518-788-6566.
- Residents come for answers at town hall on Jenkinsville water problems
- Council looks to amend bill to ban tear gas
- Bars and restaurants can stay open until the clock strikes midnight
- Former Vice President Walter Mondale dies at 93
- Upstate NY couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years