Home destroyed after early morning fire in Raymertown

Local

RAYMERTOWN, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Multiple fire crews were called to the scene of an early morning house fire on Cold Springs Rd. in Raymertown on Tuesday.

Smoke detectors waking up the family of six. They were able to get out safely. the fire broke out before four in the morning. Some of the family members are now in the hospital, being treated for smoke inhalation. Unfortunately, the family dog has passed away. 

The home is now a total loss. Fire officials using this as a reminder of the burn ban that is in effect. A preliminary investigation shows that a small pot belly stove outside may have started that fire. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download our news app

Get it on Google Play