The campaign runs from August 1 through August 31. It invites new and returning blood donors to “roll up a sleeve to help patients in need.” As a way to thank those who donate, Hoffman will gift a free car wash in the counties of Albany, Broome, Columbia, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Ulster and Warren.
Currently, the coronavirus pandemic has caused a drop in donations, and as hospitals welcome more elective surgeries, the need is great.
Platelet donations could also help in the fight against the virus as health experts work to find a treatment.
- Schenectady code enforcement officer tests positive for COVID-19
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- UAlbany men’s, women’s hoops return to practice
- Stillwater’s Peacock signs on to play soccer at Arkansas State
- Schenectady County reports spike in COVID-19 infection rate