GUILDERLAND, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Police are investigating a crash that killed a Guilderland man Tuesday afternoon.
Around 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, police said Carl Klein, 74, was traveling on Carman Road when his vehicle left the roadway and crashed in a tree line near the intersection of Carman Road and West Lydius Street.
Bystanders and members of the Guilderland Police Department removed Klein from the vehicle and began CPR. He was later taken to Ellis Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
No one else was in the vehicle at the time. The investigation remains ongoing.
More from NEWS10:
- La Salle saves season with dramatic comeback win over Amsterdam
- Niskayuna blanks Saratoga to advance to Class AA semi-finals
- Siena women hold media day as they prep for November 6 exhibition
- Averill Park rolls Albany to set up three way tie in Class A
- Burnt Hills cruises past Niskayuna, locks up Grasso Division