GLOVERSVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A local girl held a bake sale on Tuesday to help an injured firefighter and his girlfriend.
In June, Gloversville firefighter Brandon Lehr and his girlfriend Rachel Ortega were in a serious motorcycle accident. Both needed multiple surgeries to repair broken arms, legs, and other injuries.
Sophia McConville, 10, held a fundraiser with her mom outside their home on Main Street in Gloversville.
“I felt super sad,” she said. “And people say watch out for motorcycles, but really you should be watching out for people in cars because people are most likely texting in their cars.”
She said part of the money raised also went to the local animal shelter.
- Social Dilemma: Are looks more important than chemistry when you meet someone?
- Carlton Road in Clifton Park closed Monday morning due to downed power lines, pole
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- Robotic pets used to remedy loneliness in nursing homes
- Fire damages home of TV host Rachael Ray