BALLSTON SPA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A former sheriff’s deputy was sentenced in Saratoga County Court for child sexual abuse.
Steven Willets will serve 16 years in state prison after pleading guilty earlier this year. Prosecutors said the 42-year-old began repeatedly sexually abusing two girls when they were 8 years old.
Willets will serve 20 years of post-release supervision.
- Voorheesville cruises past Coxsackie-Athens to move to 5-1
- UAlbany men’s and women’s hoops hold purple and gold scrimmages
- RPI falls in yet another overtime battle
- Teen organizes sleep-out in Bennington, urges governor to help homeless
- Chemung County Torture-Murder suspects transferred to Chemung County Jail