WATERFORD, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Police arrested Steven E. Willets, 40, of Waterford on a child sexual abuse charge stemming from the summer of 1997. The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office charged Willets with first-degree sodomy.
This new charge against Willets is part of a larger, ongoing investigation. He was previously charged arrested in January for sex crimes.
Police say Willets had oral sexual contact with a girl he knew to be under 11 years old in Waterford in summer 1997.
Willets was previously employed as a deputy with the Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office, though the charges predate his tenure as an officer.
- Amsterdam taking steps to reduce lead in water system
- WATCH LIVE: Biden, Harris to make unusual campaign debut in virus era
- Bills LB A.J. Klein excited to play in Sean McDermott’s defense again
- Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan says “Not one more,” as city leaders address the ongoing gun violence
- Structure fire at fined Schoharie County summer camp