ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Flags were placed at the headstones of veterans in Albany Monday in honor of Memorial Day.
Members of the Albany County Legislature took time out of their morning to honor the county’s past veterans, who are in their final resting place at the Lady of Angels Cemetery on Central Avenue.
What made the day’s events so special is that some of the county legislators are also veterans.
- 7/11/20: Still Hot & Humid Sunday with Isolated Storms
- Walt Disney World reopens as coronavirus cases surge in Florida
- Second stimulus check: GOP senators not ready to commit to direct payments
- Albany Police investigating Second Street shooting
- Schenectady road closures, Seneca St. & Van Vranken Ave. starting July 13