Fire impacts Lake Local restaurant in Saratoga

Local

Devastating news for the owners of Lake Local and for the Saratoga Springs community.

Many people have stopped by this morning to look at the damage.

The restaurant opened for the season just five days ago.

This place is a Saratoga favorite in the summertime. It sits right on the lake. It’s a beautiful spot with great food.

About an hour after they closed Sunday night, a fire broke out. Firefighters say the call came in just before 10 p.m.

Flames were coming from the back of the building and quickly spread up into the attic.

Saratoga Springs Fire Chief Robert Williams says while the investigation is ongoing, they do believe this was an electrical fire. He says it started on the exterior of the building near an outlet.

While there is extensive damage to the inside of the building, the owners posted a statement saying they would use their food truck and kitchen accessory to re-open the outside area and bar as soon as possible.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download our news app

Get it on Google Play