COLONIE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — At 8:12 a.m. on Thursday, a passing driver reported a fire on Curry Road. When firefighters who responded to the scene put out the fire, police say they also found a marijuana grow operation in the building.
Police say they got a search warrant and discovered 162 pounds of marijuana. They say the evidence points to Jason R. Teagle, 42, of Schenectady.
Colonie Fire Services Division says the accidental fire came from an electrical issue related to the grow operation.
Teagle turned himself in on Tuesday night, and police charged him with first-degree criminal possession of marijuana. If convicted, this felony charge is potentially worth up to fifteen years in prison.
- Albany Police investigate early morning Philip Street shooting
- Texas man thought coronavirus was a hoax, dies after ‘COVID party,’ doctor says
- Montgomery County man facing assault, strangulation charges after knocking man out during fight
- MGM Springfield reopens Monday: What guests can expect
- NY Attorney General Letitia James to address sexual harassment in the construction industry