VIDEO: Fire at McDonald’s in Latham

Local

LATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A fire broke out at the McDonald’s at 1122 Troy-Schenectady Road in Latham.

Viewers sent in video of the fire. A large plume of dark smoke is clearly visible from a distance. Another viewer who was in the drive-thru fled the scene as branches hit his car. A large tree on the property is clearly blazing.

The Verdoy assistant fire chief said the fire started after a tree came down and took out a pole and National Grid transformer.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out in a couple of minutes. No customers were inside the McDonald’s at the time, but five employees did evacuate the building.

“I know a tree is on top of the building,” Verdoy Asst. Fire Chief Ryan Carmichael said. “The wires are pretty close the building as well. We can’t get close until National Grid shows up.”

The McDonald’s will likely reopen on Thursday.

LATEST STORIES

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Click Below to set up your cable box

Download our news app

App Store Link
Google Play Link
Early Voting Locations

Coronavirus Outbreak

More Coronavirus Outbreak

Classroom Progress Report

More Classroom Progress Report