HOLYOKE, Mass. (NEWS10) — An investigation is underway at a nursing home for veterans in Massachusetts after several residents died.
As of Thursday night, the death toll at the nursing home was 32.
This comes after one of those veterans was laid to rest this week. Albert St. Peter was buried with full military honors with National Guard members standing six feet apart during the service.
“They did not want this man to go to rest alone so they had a beautiful military honor service there,” Joe Pasternak, funeral director at Williamsburg Funeral Home, told 22News. “The flag was presented to his nurse that was in care of Albert. It was heart-touching.”
As of Thursday, 69 veteran residents have tested positive for the virus. Sixty-eight staffers have also tested positive for COVID-19.
- Social Dilemma: Do you let your spouse read your text messages?
- Dunkin’s free coffee Mondays begin Aug. 3
- As a new week begins, here’s why you don’t have that second stimulus check
- 08/03/2020: The calm between the storms
- Early morning motorcycle crash closes all lanes on Northway northbound between Exit 20, 21