AMSTERDAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — An emergency demolition in the city of Amsterdam caused several road closures in the surrounding area Friday.
Amsterdam City Engineer Mike Clark said the building was foreclosed by the city several years ago and recently suffered a partial wall collapse, which posed a possible danger to anyone passing by.
The closures, which affected West Main Street, Carmichael Street and Anne Street, were expected to end at 4 p.m.
- 2/27/21: Mild with Scattered Showers to end February
- Oath Keeper charged in Capitol riot renounces group, but judge says she’s too dangerous for release
- New York State COVID-19 hospitalizations at lowest numbers since early December
- Governor Cuomo announces 1.5 million New Yorkers have been fully vaccinated
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year