GLENVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — According to the Capital Region NYSDOT, flashing beacon signs have been installed on Glenridge Road to help prevent crashes with the bridge. The signs were installed on Thursday, January 27, a week after the bridge was hit again.
The bridge on Glenridge Road has always been a problem with trucks, as it has been hit multiple times in the past couple of years.
Now the Capital Region NYSDOT has installed flashing beacon signs on Glenridge Road to help truck drivers who need to drive under the bridge.
Here are all of the stories NEWS10 has on trucks crashing into the Glenridge Road bridge:
- Lawmakers push for law to end accidents at Glenridge Road bridge
- Local officials still trying to stop trucks from hitting Glenridge Road Rail Bridge
- Paving solutions for Glenridge Road bridge
- Glenville leaders look at fines, new technology to prevent semi crashes into Glenridge Road rail bridge
- Yet another tractor trailer crash into Glenridge Road train bridge sparks new questions on prevention