TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Crews are working on a water main break in the City of Troy. King Street between Federal Street and River Street is closed so they can repair the break. The water main break opened a sizable sinkhole that swallowed a tree.
National Grid is on the scene as it appears a light pole may have fallen into the sinkhole.
City officials are asking motorists to use 6th Avenue as a detour. Some residents in the area may experience loss of water pressure and/or discolored water.
The Rensselaer County Office Building and the Department of Social Services offices in Flanigan Square closed at 3:30 p.m. on Monday due to the water main break.
- Local congressman in favor of Stopping Grinch Bots
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- Reed: Trump’s NDAA veto threat is harmful to the troops
- More COVID-19 cases confirmed in Shenendehowa CSD