NORTH GREENBUSH, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A man has died after being struck by multiple vehicles Monday night, police said.
The crash took place around 7:45 p.m. Monday on Route 4 near Valleyview Boulevard and Cumberland Farms. Police were initially called for a report of cardiac arrest but later learned the victim had been struck by multiple vehicles.
Police identified the victim as 61-year-old Lama Lupuku. He was pronounced dead at Albany Medical Center.
Initial reports stated the driver of the first vehicle left the area; however, he stayed near the scene and approached officers to report he was one of the striking vehicles. The driver has been cooperative in the investigation, police said.
According to police, southbound vehicles also struck the pedestrian. Police are searching for the drivers of those vehicles as they did not stay on scene nor report being involved.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash or has information on the other vehicles is asked to call police at (518) 283-5323.
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Restaurants develop plan to stay afloat as temperatures begin to drop
- Bills can’t stop the run as Chiefs rush for 245 yards on Monday night
- 2 men injured in Mount Hope Drive shooting