SCHAGHTICOKE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Multiple crews battled a house fire in Schaghticoke Friday afternoon.
The fire broke out around 3 p.m. on Hudson Avenue. The girlfriend of the owner was at home when the fire erupted.
“I talked to her in front of the houses. They’re both pretty devastated. It happened really quick,” said neighbor Mary Kinn.
Officials said the fire started on the patio, and then quickly spread to the home.
“The fire had gotten in the cockloft above everybody’s head, so they wound up pulling out because we were afraid of the integrity of the building collapsing on our firefighters,” said Pleasantdale Fire Chief Shane Napoli.
Windy conditions made it challenging for firefighters to control the fire.
A firefighter was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.