Two Corinth students are determined not to let a tragedy like a house fire keep them from maintaining their perfect attendance record.
Fire officials say the fire broke out at the home on Walsh Road around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday, sparked from a smoking ash tray. Luckily, all five people inside the home were able to escape safely. Two of those residents are being treated for smoke inhalation, but are expected to be OK.
Two of those inside the home at the time of the fire were a 13 and a 15-year-old child. Both have a perfect attendance record at school this year and were determined not to let Wednesday morning’s tragedy beak their streak. With an assist from the Red Cross, which responded to the scene with changes of clothes and other supplies, both children are determined to make it to school Wednesday.
Walsh Road was closed while fire crews battled the flames, but has since been reopened.