SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Schenectady baseball league received a generous donation after their little league field was vandalized twice in one week.
After vandals broke into the little league field off Oregon Drive and destroyed much of the property, the community came together to help the league with an equipment drive.
Alex Jurczynski, a Schenectady native from New Jersey and Princeton University assistant baseball coach, said he saw the vandalism on his newsfeed and knew he wanted to do more after donating to a GoFundMe.
Jurczynski said he had to wait a month because of the pandemic, but he was able to get donations from all around the Northeast and even some from California.
- Judge dismisses federal suit against proposed Costco developers
- After recent Albany deadly shooting, Pastor Charlie Muller says, ‘This could have been prevented’
- State lawmakers hold second hearing on nursing homes and the coronavirus
- Anticipated social distancing issues raise concerns for school bus drivers
- Reports: Big Ten to cancel fall football season