HUDSON, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Staff at a local hospital are being furloughed during the coronavirus pandemic.
Columbia Memorial Hospital announced on Tuesday that 125 staff members were being temporarily furloughed.
CEO Jay Calahan said the furlough was due to several factors, including Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s executive order that halted elective surgeries and procedures as well as the increasing costs of personal protective equipment and supplies.
The workers will received unemployment and can keep their health insurance. They can also be called in on 48 hours notice.
- New York State offers free antibody testing for grocery store employees
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- 5/28/20: Humid with More Clouds Today
- Tempered excitement over Indian Bowl staying alive
- Spa Catholic senior catcher prepares for UAlbany