HUDSON, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Staff at a local hospital are being furloughed during the coronavirus pandemic.
Columbia Memorial Hospital announced on Tuesday that 125 staff members were being temporarily furloughed.
CEO Jay Calahan said the furlough was due to several factors, including Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s executive order that halted elective surgeries and procedures as well as the increasing costs of personal protective equipment and supplies.
The workers will received unemployment and can keep their health insurance. They can also be called in on 48 hours notice.
- 08/11/2020: Another hot and sweaty day
- Wedding industry gets a win in court battle against NY State
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Saratoga YMCA moves equipment outside for workouts
- Airports find three times more guns despite fewer passengers