Cold causes issues for crews fighting Cranesville fire

Local

CRANESVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Crews were called to Chapman Drive in Cranesville on Sunday for reports of a house fire. The Red Cross is now assisting one family after the fire. No one was injured during the incident.

Crews say the cold weather made for difficult conditions. The first hydrant they tapped was frozen so they had to tap another several hundred feet away.

The cold also creating heavy ice conditions for emergency crews.

The Cranesville Fire Chief said that they believe the cause was a faulty chimney attached to a wood-burning stove. Mutual aid was provided by the City of Amsterdam, Hagaman, Ft. Johnson, Tribes Hill, Ft. Hunter, West Glenville and Buekendale.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download our news app

App Store Link
Google Play Link
HOW TO MAKE NEWS10 YOUR HOMEPAGE_1280X720
CHECK OUT OUR NEW APP FEATURES

Click Below to set up your cable box

Latest COVID-19 News

More COVID-19

Cuomo Under Fire News

More Cuomo Under Fire