ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Celebrities and advocates gathered in Albany on Tuesday for a round table discussion on surrogacy.
Bravo’s Andy Cohen led the discussion along with parents and women, who have served as surrogates.
Most of the discussion was focused on the Child-Parent Security Act, a legislation, that if passed, would establish the strongest protections for surrogates in the nation.
Under current state law, a woman can make the choice to carry a child for others; however, they cannot be paid for doing so.
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate recap; DNA test reunites brothers
- ‘Pink Tax’ ban goes into effect in NYS Wednesday
- Alabama man meets long-lost brother through DNA test
- Retail showdown: Target Deal Days to be held same time as Amazon’s Prime Day sales
- Albany County coronavirus update