ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A local taxi company has shut down and left its employees searching for a new job.
Some of the employees from Capitaland Taxi told NEWS10 ABC that when they arrived to work on Friday, they found out the business was closed. Some even heard the news from customers.
They said the reason for the closing is because of the insurance premiums rising as well as tougher competition with ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft.
- Trump fires watchdog who told Congress about whistleblower complaint that led to impeachment
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Friday
- Thanking healthcare workers in Saratoga Springs
- Local sheriff, paramedic show how to properly dispose plastic gloves
- 3 million masks ordered by Massachusetts were seized at Port of NY in March