ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — It’s the tenth year of the Capital Region CANstruction at the State Museum.
Almost 100,000 cans were collected and brought to the museum’s fourth floor.
Eleven professional teams and two Girl Scout teams setup their displays Tuesday afternoon. For the next two weeks, their creations will be on display on the State Museum’s fourth floor. It’s free to anyone to come and see.
This years theme is “Let’s Eat.”
“The common denominator is food brings us together,” Sara Stein, President of Capital Region CANstruction, said.
Stein also says that, what a better way to celebrate their tenth year than building food out of food.
After two weeks, the Capital Region CANstruction will break down, and all those cans will go to 67 local food pantries.
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes