ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Albany Riverfront Jazz Festival’s online version for 2020 starts Tuesday, and the digital celebration ends Friday. Every day of free, all-ages festivities presents a different live musical act, broadcast across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Though Albany Jazz Festival has featured live jazz performances, up-and-coming musicians, and local favorites at some of the Capital Region’s favorite venues for years, it has moved online because of pandemic health concerns.
Albany’s Office of Cultural Affairs made the announcement late in August. “The City’s main priority is ensuring the health and safety of our residents and our community,” they said in a statement announcing the online festival.
- New Google Earth time-lapse feature shows effect of climate change
- North Colonie CSD to host COVID vaccine clinic for eligible students
- Republican lawmakers and restaurateurs calling to end curfew
- Chauvin trial: Defense expert blames George Floyd’s death on heart rhythm problem
- Dog need a job? Busch wants to pay your pooch $20,000 to be brew taster