ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany police made an arrest after a standoff Monday night.
Jhacere Walters, 18, of Albany, was arrested after an officer found him nearby and upon investigation found he was in possession of a spent shell casing and a quantity of crack cocaine.
Just before 6 p.m. Monday, police responded to a report of shots fired in the area of Madison Avenue and Grand Street. Police remained on scene for several hours because they believed the people involved in the shooting entered one of the homes on Grand Street.
Later during the investigation, police found Walter’s had possessed a loaded handgun before police arrival.
He was charged with the following:
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 2nd
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 5th
Around 11 p.m., two people were seen leaving one of the buildings with police. It is unclear if they were involved with the shooting. Police said the incident remains under investigation and more arrests are possible.
No injuries were reported.
- Work from home: These are the top jobs for remote careers
- 09/18/2020: Here comes the sun and fall
- Battleboro woman arrested on fentanyl trafficking charges
- Organization rescues animals of all sizes from wildfires raging across the West
- Democratic and Republican leaders express willingness to work together on stimulus relief bill