ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A 57-year-old man has died after being involved in a motorcycle accident in the City of Albany.
The crash took place around 5:30 p.m. Thursday on Madison Avenue between Eagle Street and South Swan Street.
Police said the motorcyclist was traveling westbound on Madison Avenue when he was struck by a vehicle that had just taken a left hand turn onto Madison Avenue from the access road to the Cathedral parking lot. That collision forced the motorcycle to hit a parked CDTA bus.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the vehicle that initially hit the victim stopped immediately and is cooperating with the investigation.
Crews remain on scene, and the investigation is ongoing. The identity of the victim is not being released at this time.
The road is currently closed.
- 10/30/2020: It’s the first snow of the season
- Master it with Mary: Three last-minute DIY Halloween decorations
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal