ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — An arrest has been made in connection to a June homicide in the City of Albany. Nahjahliek Edmunds, 24, was arrested Tuesday by Albany detectives and members of the United States Marshals Task Force.
Police said Edmunds fired several rounds at 23-year-old Eddie Richardson on June 24 in the area of Second Avenue and Grandview Terrace. Richardson sustained multiple gunshot wounds to his torso and died from his injuries.
During Edmunds’s arrest, police found him in possession of a loaded .380 caliber, which police said was concealed in the pocket of his sweatshirt.
Edmunds was charged with Murder in the Second Degree, Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree, and Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Third Degree.
He was arraigned and sent to Albany County Jail.
- Social Dilemma: Is it considered cheap to use a gift card you received to buy a gift for someone else?
- Dentists advise against participating in TikTok teeth filing challenge
- US census to end October 5, despite court order
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Floridians react to the lifting of state coronavirus restrictions