ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Advocates are urging Albany County and New York State to take action on clean air. During a Zoom meeting, advocates urged Albany County Exec. Dan McCoy to sign Local Law B, the Clean Air Act, which was recently passed by the legislature in a sweeping 32-7 vote.
Local Law B would prevent solid waste facilities from setting up shop in the county and prevent Norlite and the Lafarge plant in Ravena from burning new waste.
Advocates are also urging Gov. Andrew Cuomo to sign state legislation that permanently bans the burning of firefighting foam anywhere in the state.
- Bills WR Stefon Diggs anticipates seeing more zone defense
- Capital Region voters experience long waits at the polls
- Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Shen takes down Guilderland in sectional final rematch
- Greenville wins regular season title in dominating fashion