6 students hospitalized after consuming drug-infused edibles

Local

ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Six local middle school students have been hospitalized after officials said they ate a drug-infused edible substance.

In a letter sent home to parents, the principal of Edmund O’Neal Middle School in Albany said the students experienced nausea and disorientation.

Staff also confiscated a package that contained pieces of the edibles.

On Wednesday, staff will be holding additional conversations with the six students about the dangers of drugs and encourage parents to do the same at home.

A mother of one of the students also reached out to News 10. She claims her daughter was suspended for five days, and argues that the punishment was unfair because her daughter did not know what was in the substance.  

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Click Below to set up your cable box

No Neighbor Hungry Campaign

Download our news app

App Store Link
Google Play Link

Coronavirus Outbreak

More Coronavirus Outbreak

Classroom Progress Report

More Classroom Progress Report

10 in Toga