TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A man has died after he fell off a roof in a construction accident in Troy Friday evening.
The accident took place around 6:45 p.m. Friday at 689 Burden Ave. in Troy.
Police said a 45-year-old man fell off the roof in a construction accident. Witnesses were there when before, during and after the fall, police said. All remained on scene.
The man sustained serious injuries consistent with a significant fall and was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police said the fall does not appear to be suspicious. The victim’s identity will not be released until family is notified.
- Top NY judge on reopening Capital Region courts Tuesday
- Rochester softball team heading to Ohio for socially distant tournament
- Woman taken hostage by Connecticut murder suspect found safe; multi-state manhunt still underway
- Cohoes hosts Memorial Day procession and wreath-laying ceremony
- Local family stays virtually connected with mom in nursing home