Three people are under arrest in connection with a homicide in Pittsfield.

Police say 34-year-old William Catalano was stabbed and beaten by a group of people on Robbins Ave around 5:30 p.m. Monday.

He was rushed to Berkshire Medical Center where he later died. An autopsy found that Catalano died from stab wounds to the torso. The manner of death was ruled a homicide. 

Less than 24 hours after the attack, 22-year-old Anthony Boone and 28-year-old Bruce Romano, both of Pittsfield, are each charged with one count of murder.

Shane Smith, 34, also behind bars and is charged with providing misleading information to a police officer.

“It’s a small town people talk,” Lindsay Roucoulet, the victim’s girlfriend, said.

Roucoulet says they have two young kids together and he’s taken on the role of father to her two other kids as well.

“He has four kids that I now have to somehow tell no longer have a father.”

She says their 4-year-old daughter Addison adored him.

“I mean I have never seen a little girl so in love with her father. She would pass me a million times to get to her dad. They were two peas in a pod and they did everything together.”

Roucoulet says Catalano worked at Sims Barber Shop on Dalton Ave.

He was a hard worker who did everything he could to provide for his family. This meant even working on his days off.

She believes he may have been doing a house call when all of this happened Monday night.

“He was not a bad person he had a huge heart. He would do anything for anybody.”

Barber Shop Owner Steve Vilot says he’s going to miss Catalano’s energy at the shop.

“Whatever happened he didn’t deserve to die, ya know? It’s kind of wild. We’re all just in shock.”

“I’m just beside myself. I’ve been with him for almost eight years and I’ve never woken up a day without him.  I’ve never went to sleep without him,” Roucoulet said.

On Monday a fourth suspect, 20-year-old Jason Sefton was arrested and arraigned.

Boone and Romano were arraigned in Central Berkshire District Court on one count of murder each Wednesday morning. Both men pleaded not guilty and were sent to the Berkshire County House of Correction without bail. They are scheduled to be back in court in November.