AMSTERDAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) – New York State Police arrested 13 people they say tried to have sex with a child under the age of 15 years old.
The following people, with the youngest being 24, were charged with second-degree attempted rape:
- Tyler D. Phillips, 24, of Fonda, N.Y.
- Daurell J. McNeil, 32, of Highland, N.Y.
- Osborne M. Campbell, 38, of Delanson, N.Y.
- Samuel S. Ambrosio-Vicente, 27, of Albany, N.Y.
- Vincent M. Tebano, 60, of Schenectady, N.Y.
- Mikhail Donovan, 27, of Melrose, N.Y.
- Vejay Etwardo, 29, of Schenectady, N.Y.
- Jason D. Shattuck, 29, of Gloversville, N.Y.
- Gregg Townsend, 26, of Queensbury, N.Y.
- John J. Hoag, 41, of Gloversville, N.Y.
- Robert K. DiGregorio, 48, of Gloversville, N.Y.
- David J. Kondrat, 57, of Middle Grove, N.Y.
- Stephen C. Pastorek, 50, of Albany, N.Y.
Twelve of the 13 people are from local communities in the Capital Region. All are behind bars in Montgomery County Jail.
New York State Police was assisted by the Troop G Computer Crime Unit, NYSP Internet Crimes Against Children Unit, the FBI, and the FBI Task Force.
Police say the arrests stem from a three-day investigation.