GREENPORT, N.Y. (NEWS10) — One person has died after being hit by a train Friday evening.
Police say just before 8 p.m., Columbia County 911 dispatched the Hudson Fire Department, the Greenport Rescue Squad, and the Hudson Police Department to the railroad tracks, north of the Hudson Amtrak Train Station for a report of a person that was hit by a train.
Upon arrival, it was determined that the incident had actually occurred in Greenport at which time the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office began investigating.
Police say the investigation found that a southbound Amtrak Passenger Train which was headed for New York City, hit and killed Anna Podgorbunski, 54, of New York, N.Y. as she walked northbound on the train tracks.
- Anthony Brindisi will not run for Congress in 2022
- Gas prices keep rising ahead of Fourth of July weekend
- Stefanik introduces legislation to restore travel at U.S.-Canada border
- 47 indicted in hefty Capital Region drug bust led by Attorney General
- Child tax credit payments start hitting bank accounts July 15