GREENPORT, N.Y. (NEWS10) — One person has died after being hit by a train Friday evening.
Police say just before 8 p.m., Columbia County 911 dispatched the Hudson Fire Department, the Greenport Rescue Squad, and the Hudson Police Department to the railroad tracks, north of the Hudson Amtrak Train Station for a report of a person that was hit by a train.
Upon arrival, it was determined that the incident had actually occurred in Greenport at which time the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office began investigating.
Police say the investigation found that a southbound Amtrak Passenger Train which was headed for New York City, hit and killed Anna Podgorbunski, 54, of New York, N.Y. as she walked northbound on the train tracks.
- $29 million in grants available for essential workers and first responders
- 3/6/21: Chilly, but Less Wind for Sunday
- Senate approves President Biden’s COVID-19 relief plan, headed back to House for final approval
- Spring break canceled across the country for thousands of college students
- Say “I Do” to your wedding venue at Rivers Casino and Resort