GREENPORT, N.Y. (NEWS10) — One person has died after being hit by a train Friday evening.
Police say just before 8 p.m., Columbia County 911 dispatched the Hudson Fire Department, the Greenport Rescue Squad, and the Hudson Police Department to the railroad tracks, north of the Hudson Amtrak Train Station for a report of a person that was hit by a train.
Upon arrival, it was determined that the incident had actually occurred in Greenport at which time the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office began investigating.
Police say the investigation found that a southbound Amtrak Passenger Train which was headed for New York City, hit and killed Anna Podgorbunski, 54, of New York, N.Y. as she walked northbound on the train tracks.
- Stewart’s Shops employee tests positive for coronavirus
- Bills defense comes up with first dominating performance this season in a win vs. Jets
- 10/25/20: Cool with Showers for Monday
- Spirit of Liberty Foundation honors Albany Stratton VA healthcare workers
- Tyler Bass, Bills defense lead the way in 18-10 win over the Jets