SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Schenectady branch of the NAACP is hosting a panel discussion on the physical and mental effects of COVID-19 on the Black community.
An Associated Press analysis showed that nearly one-third of those who have died from the coronavirus are African American, even though Black people represent only about 14% of the population.
The Zoom meeting is scheduled from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Zoom. The meeting ID is 83752689300, and the password is 560370.
The panel includes:
- Leslyn Williamson: COO of Ellis Medicine
- Neiman Ortiz: Ellis Medicine
- Gordon Collier: Beyond Living
- Man charged intent to engage in sexual conduct with a child
- Bills legend Darryl Talley talks Bills-Ravens ahead of Saturday’s divisional matchup
- Some Capital Region residents face COVID-19 vaccine scheduling issues
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot