SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Schenectady branch of the NAACP is hosting a panel discussion on the physical and mental effects of COVID-19 on the Black community.
An Associated Press analysis showed that nearly one-third of those who have died from the coronavirus are African American, even though Black people represent only about 14% of the population.
The Zoom meeting is scheduled from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Zoom. The meeting ID is 83752689300, and the password is 560370.
The panel includes:
- Leslyn Williamson: COO of Ellis Medicine
- Neiman Ortiz: Ellis Medicine
- Gordon Collier: Beyond Living
- Troy man arrested for reportedly stealing over $50k in merchandise from local business
- Can you travel with kids if you’re fully vaccinated?
- Albany County coronavirus update, April 18
- 04/18/2021: Our weekend of clouds continues
- Working remotely? It’s time to rethink what is ‘home’ and what is ‘travel’