ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Acting United States Attorney for the Northern District of New York, Antoinette Bacon and The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Albany field office held a press conference in response to last week’s unrest in Washington DC. During the conference Thomas Relford, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Albany Field Office, provided a brief update on how they are assisting with investigations following the riot at the US Capitol Building on January 6.
Security preparations for any potential protests in the local area were also touched upon. Agent Relford stated that there are no specific threats to the New York State Capitol in the lead up to, or on the day of President Joe Biden’s inauguration.
- Gov. Cuomo announces proposal to open low-cost finance, design, construction services to all non-profits, school districts
- Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, DOH to hold online COVID-19 information session
- Pittsfield rolls out new COVID-19 vaccination information hotline
- Potential COVID exposure at Tops American Grill in Rotterdam
- Gov. Cuomo announces $25M to continue Nourish NY initiative