LAKE GEORGE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – According to New York, arcades are on the same list as gyms and movie theaters in phase 4 COVID-19 reopening, and cannot yet start up again. Over the weekend, one arcade in Lake George tried to open anyway.
Funa’rama Fun Park in the village opened on Saturday for several hours, before being told to shut down by village COVID inspectors. Now the business will face a ticket, the first in the village to make a large enough violation to warrant the move.
The village’s other two arcades remain closed.
Duffy’s Tavern also received a warning from officials over the weekend, after some patrons were found to be violating social distancing at the bar. It’s the latest in a series of weekend incidents at different village restaurants. None will be ticketed unless they become repeat problems.
- Burnt Hills beats Shen in a shootout
- Five former Orange invited to USA women’s lacrosse tryouts
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Restaurants develop plan to stay afloat as temperatures begin to drop