CAIRO, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Kingston man has been arrested after officers in Greene County say they found him with 246 bags of heroin, 18.2 grams of crack cocaine, a large amount of cash, and various quantities of other controlled substances.
Greene County Sheriff’s office says the drugs were found after 34-year-old David Smith was stopped for a vehicle and traffic violation on Route 32 in the town of Cairo.
The charges Smith is currently facing are:
- Two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Four counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
Smith was issued an appearance ticket returnable to the town of Cairo court.
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- What to expect in the first presidential debate
- DEC employs rocket-powered solution to tag ducks for hunting season
- Stimulus check update: GOP, Democrats inching closer to aid compromise
- Lawmaker: Trump must answer for 200k+ lives lost to COVID-19 in first presidential debate