LATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) – For four years, the Rizk family has been looking for a kidney for their husband and father, Fouad Rizk. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic slowing down the process, the family remains positive.
Last March, NEWS10’s Cassie Hudson spoke to the family after their ‘Kidney Needed For Daddy’ car decal started gaining attention.
Although many people reached out to get tested, no one was a match for Mr. Rizk.
During the pandemic, the organ donation list was suspended temporarily and recently reactivated, according to the Rizks. They say there were concerns about organ donation and the COVID-19 impact.
On Tuesday, Michella Rizk surprised Fouad with an early Father’s Day and Birthday gift: a billboard on Route 7 in Latham that reads ‘Please Help Daddy Find a Kidney.’
If you or someone you know might be a match, contact the following:
- 7/11/20: Still Hot & Humid Sunday with Isolated Storms
- Walt Disney World reopens as coronavirus cases surge in Florida
- Second stimulus check: GOP senators not ready to commit to direct payments
- Albany Police investigating Second Street shooting
- Schenectady road closures, Seneca St. & Van Vranken Ave. starting July 13