COLONIE, NY (NEWS10) — On November 2, voters in Colonie will pick a new town supervisor. Democrat Kelly Mateja is looking to replace fellow Democrat Paula Mahan, who chose not to seek reelection.
Mateja sits down with NEWS10 to discuss the issues facing the town and why voters should choose her.
It’s the Democrat’s first run for political office. Mateja has served the town of Colonie for 20-years including serving as the town planner.
More local election coverage: Your Local Election Headquarters
- WalletHub ranks 2021’s best gift cards
- Broadway icon, lyricist behind ‘West Side Story’ Stephen Sondheim dead at 91
- North Country Report: Black Friday weekend is for more than just the mall
- Delmar shop reopens after truck crashed into storefront
- USPS Operation Santa: How to become a gift recipient or ‘adopter’