( CNN) — Kanye West says he is running for president this year.
The singer is taking to Twitter with his announcement on the Fourth of July.
He writes that it is time to “realize the promise of America.”
West says he wants to build the nation’s future by trusting god and unifying a vision.
He had mentioned wanting to run for president during the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards.
- Trump’s unemployment benefit orders ‘are complete mess’
- Record number of early ballots cast for Vermont primary on Tuesday
- NEN Xtra – Julian Edelman without Tom Brady–his right hand man
- Saratoga officials warn of potential low-risk coronavirus exposure
- LIVE: President Trump Returns to White House Briefing, Says ‘Shooting’ Outside White House Now ‘Under Control’