( CNN) — Kanye West says he is running for president this year.
The singer is taking to Twitter with his announcement on the Fourth of July.
He writes that it is time to “realize the promise of America.”
West says he wants to build the nation’s future by trusting god and unifying a vision.
He had mentioned wanting to run for president during the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards.
- Season ticket renewals on sale for 2021 SU football season
- New arrest reported in East Capitol Park stabbing fight
- Schenectady Police Reform and Reinvention Collaborative meeting on Draft Report
- AG announces appointments in Cuomo sexual harassment investigation
- Impeachment in New York: How does it work?