TROY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A grand jury voted to indict Jahquay Brown, 20, of Cohoes with one count of Murder in the Second Degree in the death of eleven-year-old Ayshawn Davis. Brown was remanded to Rensselaer County Jail, without bail.
Troy Police arrested Brown on September 24. Detectives interviewed Brown and searched his home, allegedly finding a handgun at the Cohoes residence. The handgun was taken as evidence and police say they believe it was the weapon used in the drive-by shooting.
Police are waiting on results from testing the firearm.
“We are working as hard today as we did the day after the homicide. We are fighting for
Ayshawn’s family just as we have fought for every other victim in Rensselaer County,” said
District Attorney Mary Pat Donnelly.
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes
- Fauci: Life as we knew it won’t return until ‘many, many months’ into 2021
- Florida woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first
- NY Blitz Digital Huddle: Week 8
- Pedestrian fatally hit by car after entering lane of traffic