CHAUMONT, N.Y. (WWTI) — A North County restaurant is set to donate 100 hot turkey dinners to local families in need two days before the Christmas holiday.
On Friday, December 18, a North Country couple announced their purchase of 25 hot turkey dinners from the Blue Heron Restaurant in Chaumont, Jefferson County, to donate to local families in need. To expand their impact, they partnered with the restaurant and challenged the community to also purchase meals to donate.
The restaurant asked the community publicly on their Facebook page for meal donations, hoping to keep the “Christmas spirit alive,” and set a deadline of noon on December 21.
Within two days, the Blue Heron received 100 donations from local donors, which will provide full meals to those in need only days before Christmas.
According to the Restaurant, they will cook and prepare on Wednesday, December 23, and meals will be delivered by volunteers.
- Residents come for answers at town hall on Jenkinsville water problems
- Council looks to amend bill to ban tear gas
- Bars and restaurants can stay open until the clock strikes midnight
- Former Vice President Walter Mondale dies at 93
- Upstate NY couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years