(CNN) — Go get some shortcake, Thursday is National Strawberry Day.
Did you know there are more than 600 kinds of strawberries? They are also grown in most places around the world.
They are good for you too, loaded with vitamin c, and a great source of folic acid, potassium and fiber.
You can celebrate online by sharing a picture of a favorite strawberry dish like a strawberry-spinach salad or strawberry pie.
Whatever you choose, you can use the hashtag “National Strawberry Day” to join the fun on social media.
- New York couple’s dog goes missing minutes before wedding, $500 reward if found
- Saratoga County EOC getting ready for annual Thanksgiving basket giveaway
- Atlanta rapper Silento charged with driving 143 mph on I-85
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Early vote total exceeds 2016; GOP chips at Dems’ advantage