(WWTI) — Happy National Margarita Day!
Looking to make a delicious, refreshing margarita at home? Here are some tips to make the ultimate homemade margarita.
- Follow the “perfect” ratio of tequila, triple sec and lime juice
- Salt the rim
- Garnish with lime
- Blend with ice to make it frozen
Recipe to make two servings of a classic margarita:
- Two lime wedges, for rimming glasses and garnish
- 1/4 cup of kosher salt or coarse sea salt, for rimming glass
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 1.5 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place salt on small shallow plate
- Rub the rim of two glasses with lime wedge, then dip in salt
- Combine tequila, triple sec and lime juice in cocktail shaker OR divide between two glasses and stir
- Top with ice, garnish with lime and serve
Looking to get more creative, here are some other recipes to celebrate National Margarita Day.
For more recipes, visit the delish website.