(CNN) — With much of the country under guidelines to stay home, you might be experiencing some cabin fever.
Wednesday, get out and go for a walk, just make sure to keep your distance from others.
It is National Walking Day!
The first Wednesday in April is observed every year as the perfect time to experience some nature and stretch your legs.
Walking is one of the best and simplest exercises you can do, and all ages can take part.
The American Heart Association initiated the day to get people moving.
Walking just 30 minutes per day can have a big impact on heart health.
Find a nearby trail and take your dogs along or just walk the streets of your neighborhood.
While many might need to get outside for some fresh air, hitting the treadmill works too.
- Hudson mayor beating odds in a tale of two cities
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Virginia Veteran has winning encounter with Prince Harry at Invictus Games, and the picture to prove it
- President of Albany Police Officer’s Union speaks out about ongoing gun violence in the city
- McConnell on GOP’s COVID stimulus bill: Some relief is better than none at all