JEFFERSON, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Schoharie County Sheriff’s Department, State Police and the Jefferson Fire Department have ended their search for a possible downed plane. On Tuesday, the Sheriff’s Dept. says a caller reported seeing a small plane in distress and possibly on fire. The caller said the plane went down behind a row of trees and may have crashed or landed.
Tuesday night, crews conducted an aerial search of the area the caller said they saw the plane in distress. The search continued Wednesday with deputies conducting a ground search and going house to house.
Law enforcement says that after an extensive search, exhausting all leads and not being able to find a report of a missing person or aircraft they have suspended their search. Anyone with information is asked to call the Schoharie County Dispatch at (518) 295-8114.
Schoharie County deputies, State Police, Jefferson Ambulance, Schoharie County Office of Emergency Services, Schoharie County Search and Rescue, Schoharie County Medics and the Jefferson Fire Department aided in the search.
- Pilot program offers residents $500 a month for five years
- NY appeals judge’s decision on limit of wedding attendees
- ‘I had no clue it would impact so many’: Teacher’s positive back-to-school post goes viral
- Andy Gresh joins Yianni Kourakis to break down Patriots training camp
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals