HUDSON FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – In the culmination of their fourth year participating in the worldwide Great Kindness Challenge, students at Hudson Falls Intermediate School loaded up a bus Friday with donated goods headed for the Open Door Mission.
1,021 total items were donated, including soap, shaving cream and paper towels; the kind of goods the Open Door pantry needs and doesn’t get quite as often as food items.
Over the week, students tally up acts of kindness from a checklist. They can be anything from high-fiving a fellow student to leaving a kind note for a faculty member. All told, students at the school performed 10,999 acts of kindness this week.
- “We’ve tested our players over 600 times and have had 2 positives” Jim Boeheim post-game following win over Niagara
- Guerrier and Richmond help power Syracuse to blowout win over Niagara
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- Police: Troy man arrested after thefts from 5 construction sites
- UPS limits deliveries for some of country’s biggest retailers due to demand, reports say