RHINEBECK, N.Y. (NEWS10)–Todd Bullen VP of Retail Operations for Hannaford Supermarkets wanted to thank his associates and customers Wednesday. Bullen says this has been an extraordinary event and says he is amazed at how everyone has come together to deal with it.
One weapon Hannafords is using to fight the spread of COVID-19 is plexiglass shields at checkout. They have also limited contact at checkout with the use of plastic bowl for handling cash and other items.
The deli, seafood and meat counters no longer offer counter service, but they provide ready package items.
Employees wear gloves as they restock and have made modifications to deliveries from their vendor.
On the floor are decals so you know where to stand in line for social distancing.
Bullen says they are even looking at making aisles oneway, but he says since most Hannaford stores have a unique layout so it is a challenge.
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes